mornings.



Trying to find hints of beauty in the the day before me, I've started looking at my mornings through a lense. Practicing the art of noticing as they would say. What I found was little speckles of our morning routine, sometimes hectic and sometimes peaceful. The way the light falls in my kitchen at exactly 7.34am. How the sun shines brightly on the hill opposite us while we are still cast in a shadow. Everyday I have oats in some form, often homemade muesli or porridge, and Marley usually has toast. I'm often in my pajamas until Marley goes down for his first nap - one of the luxuries of being a stay-at-home mum which I fully abuse. Unmade beds and the smell of coffee brewing. There's something in the steadiness of the repetition, our own little routine we created, that we can be sure of in our day. I find gratitude in celebrating these notions, the simple things in our everyday. After all this is what our life is mostly built of.

5 comments:

Jacqui Calvert said...

This is so lovely :)

Sarah Mc. said...

I've found it is so important to make note of these things- otherwise ordinary. SAHM life can be so overwhelming but its amazing how that morning light can make another "ordinary" day feel so much more important!

ABpetite said...

As usual so stunning! Love mornings with blue sky I have missed themt this winter here in UTAH

Chloe Moon said...

I love finding those lil moments where life is just so content and so wonderful!! I wish my mornings were less hectic and more serene! I don't know when the light hits my kitchen! I have to find out!!

Ergo-Blog

Rebecca Alexis said...

lovely, lovely. relish every second (well as often as you can).