afternoons.




The delicious scent of warm pear drifts into the bedroom - we're baking a loaf in honour of the fall which is upon us.  Although I was begrudgingly thrusted into March, I've made peace with the season now that I'm smelling that loaf.
Last autumn was very much a nesting period preparing for the arrival of Marley, so there is a sense of nostalgia as I make the house more cozy. Ready for those rainy days spent indoors reading books, eating homemade soups and enjoying afternoons like this when mama gets all the kisses.


today's blog pick:

5 comments:

Rebecca Alexis said...

lovely, lovely. beautiful shots and i love that you have made peace with fall. it is easier to welcome cooler temps when you can bake bread (and turn on the oven). xo

Fabulous Petite said...

Lovely pictures. Your son is adorable. Oh how I miss when my son were that little.

xo
Sam
http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

Chloe Moon said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful quote on writing on post last week! Your right, it's pretty crazy about that 50 lady!

Awww your afternoons really make me can't wait for motherhood and sweet moments like these! =)

Ergo - Blog

Raising Reagan said...

I love that picture of Marley attacking your nose! I have several pictures of Reagan doing that to me when she was younger!
So cute ...

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com

barbara said...

these pictures are so sweet! especially the one with Marley trying to catch your nose! as i've read in a comment above all the children do the same!! my daughter always wanted to "try her mama" when she was that little and we had a lot of fun!! Just discovered your blog through Jodi's project and i really love it!