in the present.




“Young children live in the present moment, oblivious to the past, unconcerned about the future…If we let them, children can teach us the value of time with no objectives, a skillful kind of laziness free from the need for productivity.” - Sarah Napthali 
Marley was playing in the tunnel. I was standing along side him, but my mind was elsewhere.

Chores, dinner, washing, all that stuff.

We heard some laughter from the other side of the playground which piqued Marley's interest so we wandered over to see a mother playing with her children.

We were both captivated by this woman's presence - I don't know what it was about her but I felt like she had a light shining from within. She was laughing and sliding down the slide with her kids. Then she gracefully swooped in and picked up Marley and started singing songs with him too.

I stood there dumbfounded.

You hardly see mothers who really let themselves be free with their kids, embracing the present.
“Our presence is one of the greatest gifts we can give our children for they will grow up knowing they are noticed, important and loved.” - Sarah Napthali
It's a simple concept yet so difficult to put into practice. I have many mindless habits I need to change. But I knew leaving the park that day what kind of mother I want to be for my son. I've started putting my phone away more, closing the laptop, all those things.

Just being in the present filling my moments with laughter, kisses, smiles & cuddles.

It's priceless.

today's blog pick

5 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

How profound!! One day when I'm a Mom I hope to find that bliss too!

Ergo-Blog

Mrs. K said...

Thank you for sharing this. I love it...and it's something I want to work on, too.

Leah said...

Beautiful post. I need to do the same thing.

Raising Reagan said...

This is a beautiful post! And I LOVE that picture!

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com

SH said...

I think there is some real honesty in this post - and something that I sometimes struggle with now that I have a blog. I love it, but I have to learn when I need to put down the laptop/phone/camera and focus on living life in the present.

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca