february, i like you.



Trying to make the most of our long days before summer ends, I usually beg Tav to take us to the beach after he gets home from work. With Marley dressed in his pajama's, this time we headed over to Red Rocks. We were hoping to take photos of the snow capped peaks of the South Island, but a very light mist was covering the sea. Nevertheless, I love the photos we captured.
This was actually the spot where we had our very last pre-baby date of burgers by the sea, a few days before Marley was born. Last time, with my big baby belly, I watched the sun set from this spot carrying a huge amount of anticipation and anxiety on my shoulders. This time around, I watched it set through a fresh pair of eyes seeing life with a freshened perspective, and it was truly wonderful.

5 comments:

Judy Haughton-James said...

Wow! Beautiful scene!

SH said...

Beautiful post! These pictures are spectacular.

Sheree
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Courtney said...

I love the pictures, and your very sweet reflection on your last time there. Visiting via Olive & Ivy. ;)
XO
Courtney
http://www.baxtronlife.com

2justByou said...

Lovely photos! I think it's great that you visited the last pre-baby date spot. =0) Now you see the same spot, with a new pair of eyes to join you.
~Kim
Happy Friday!
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Angela said...

What beautiful photos x

I just started following you on GFC though the followers to friends blog hop, hope to see you at my blog x

http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk