a day in the life of Marley.

When I wake up I like to play in my bed for a little while before I demand my milk. This way mama and papa get to sleep a bit longer. I'm just a good son like that, ya know. Once I'm up and fed, I usually potter about and help mama do her chores.

Chores get boring pretty quickly though, so while she bakes, I like to play in my Jolly Jumper. When I get sick of that I like to adventure off to partake in top-secret mischievous things. Mum usually catches me before I can accomplish my missions, but because I'm so tenacious, I keep on trying.

After my morning nap we have some morning tea. Mum eats pretty much everything she just baked, while I settle for much healthier things like my favourite organic apple rice crackers which are really expensive apparently. But I don't even know what that means, so I just eat them anyway.

In the afternoon mama usually takes me for a walk. Today the weather was unpredictable so we just played outside instead, even though the silly lawnmower man hasn't mown our lawns in like forever. I ate some flowers while mum wasn't looking, but don't tell her okay promise.

In the evening we have dinner, then I have a splash in the bath. I like to feed myself so I usually get little finger foods. Mum eats a pile of healthy things, which I don't understand because earlier today she ate all that baking. Weird.

Then once I've had my bottle and brushed my teeth, we read a story. My favourite are those silly Dr Suess ones - that guy is hilarious! Then mama tucks me in, gives me a big kiss and I fall asleep to dream big dreams. It's just like that Suess man says in my book:
"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one"

Mama's note: This little guy is 8 months old today! Yay!

today's blog pick:


6 comments:

Kera @ Nugget On A Budget said...

He is precious! Love your new blog design, I'm always looking to change mine up too :) It's so simple and pretty.

SH said...

This is the best blog post ever!! My favorite is how "mom" eats baking in the afternoon, and healthy in the evenings. "wierd!" So adorable - made me laugh out loud.

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

thecottagediaries said...

This is so precious! Your Marley is a smart baby, he's finding out early on how weird the ladies are! Haha I love the way you've written this.

X
Molly
thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

Chloe Moon said...

What a happy and adorable baby!!! Aww!! =)

Hey lady I'm doing a small reader appreciation giveaway over at my blog! If you have a minute amongst the cuteness of Marley come check it out and join in! =)

Have a great weekend!! =)

Ergo-Blog

2justByou said...

Aaaw...Cute post! Happy 8-month-bday to him. The photos are all precious. We all love Dr. Suess. =0)
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Monica said...

Adorable. Stunning photographs too mama.