through the eye's of a child.








"he can go like the rain...
dibble dibble dibble dopp
dibble dibble
dibble dibble
dopp
dopp
dopp
Mr. Brown can do it how about you?"
- Dr. Suess
For the second day in a row we were confined inside our little house because of bad weather. Forgoing our usual wander through the neighbourhood, we quietly watched the rain trickle down from the window.

I find the weather affects my whole mindset, and bad weather days usually put me into a slump. His fascination with the 'dipple dipple dop' made me wonder if there was something beautiful about the dull grey sky, but my negative perception was clouding me from seeing it.

Looking back at these photos, I was pleasantly surprised to notice the rain on the windows looked like an impressionist painting by Claude Monet... It's funny what you don't see until you open your eyes.

8 comments:

Maria Lipkin said...

Beautifully written. And the photos are amazing.

la petite lulu said...

He looks so content, just staring out the window. I wish I could feel like that on rainy days! The third one really does have a monet feel to it - gorgeous :)

phiphis blog said...

what beautiful pictures! rainy days make me sleepy but looking at Marley, it seems there is an adventure that lies even with the rain!

xox P

Clara Schoen said...

Hello! I am a new follower from Followers to friends!

Your baby is so beautiful! My youngest niece is almost 7 months old - and it flies by so quickly!

Anyway, Stop by and say hello!
Clara

www.walking-inthe-light.blogspot.com

RACHEL TaoOfPoop said...

You take beautiful photos. And my daughter loves Mr. Brown. It's one of her favorites. I think it was very creative to include those lines with the photos!

2justByou said...

Beautiful shots! I love that last one, with him touching the window...And you're so right - it IS funny what you don't see until you open your eyes. It happens all the time, even when our eyes may be open. So sometimes, we just have to look.

~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Kelly Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous, honestly one of the cutest babies I have seen in a while!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

lilliesandsilk said...

Hello!

Thanks for hosting the blog hop and I'm already a follower I'm just stopping by to say hello:) Enjoy the rest of your week.


Carissa
Lillies & Silk