Marley's room.



Last week we moved Marley into his own room and I'm so pleased to say it turned out to be the best decision for both of us. I am so happy to have reclaimed our bedroom again, freshened up by all the new space and sunlight.  Marley loves his new room too, and surprisingly with a dream feed he will happily re-settle himself through the night. Parenting seems to be very instinctual and I'm glad we made this decision in our own time.

The best part of all though was shopping for all the bits and pieces for his room. We stuck with Rimu wood for all of his furniture, then added in some vintage kids features along the way. Some of my favourites have to be the Marvel comic posters, the Star Wars lunchbox, and the full Dr. Seuss set in large print. For more personal touches, he's been so lucky to have had some toys knitted for him by his great-grandma, along with other personalised 'Marley' items.

I'm a proud of my little boy making this big step with such self-confidence.  I really couldn't wish for a more happier baby!

9 comments:

Book Geek said...

I have to know was is dream feed??
I love that his room has the vintage comics, super cute!

Lisa said...

Dr Suess, Star wars, and trains.. Great taste x

Rebecca Recommends said...

Ah it looks awesome :) He'll still love it as he gets older too- the posters are so cool!

Danette said...

That's so great! I'm sure it will be wonderful to have your space back. :)

Chloe Moon said...

It's nice to hear that the baby moving into their own room process can happen naturally and successfully!! Whenever I become a mom I hope for the same luck and instincts! =)

Ergo-Blog

Shelley said...

Awe! That is so wonderful! You guys are awesome and he is a super baby for sleeping in his own room! We have a 4 year old (I love him to pieces...) but he always ends up back in bed with us!! I need to tell him about Marley! ;)

Shelley

www.piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com

drinkcitra said...

So many awesome items! :D

2justByou said...

It's great that both of you made the transition so smoothly. I've heard some horror stories! My kids all seem to have made the transition well too, so I feel lucky with that.
~Kim

2justByou said...

PS - I love that wooden train toy.