letter to self.




When you are feeling unsure of yourself, when you are afraid to take the next step, when you feel insignificant, when you feel uninspired, when you feel lost in the big blog world, take a moment.

Breath.

Clear your mind.

I know your to-do list is too long, and sometimes your dreams seem impossible. I know that it's scary taking risks. I know it's hard to see the point when everyone else seems one step head. I know you put your heart and soul into what you do and it's hard to see the pay-off.

You knew from the start that it was never going to be easy, but you did it anyway because you knew you had a story that had be told, recorded and written down. You had to tell your story so your kids and grandkids could have a piece of you forever. You had to do it because you couldn't function without an outlet for creativity.

And you know what? You are inspiring. You are significant. You are on a non-stop journey because you have passion. You live and breath this. You might still have a long way to go, but think of how far you've come. Everybody has to start somewhere, and that's the biggest hurdle, so don't look back now! And your courage, oh my! You are so brave for putting it all out there, taking risks, sharing a piece of your soul.

I'm so proud of you for finding that one thing that makes you tick, for truly feeling your emotions and being honest about them. Because of this, you're living life to the full, experiencing every moment with a open heart and a clear mind.

And you'll get there. Of course you will. Because your undying passion guides you through the dark. It keeps you reaching for your big dreams, those big big dreams which you deserve. I love you so much. Don't ever forget that.

Ever so sincerely,
                             yourself.

16 comments:

Beatriz López Lumbreras said...

it was simply beautiful.

bea =)
dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

Rebecca Recommends said...

I love this, and I'll simply say- thanks for sharing! xx

Maria Lipkin said...

I really needed to read something like this today. Thank you!

Raising Reagan said...

Beautiful post!! This was a perfect pick me up for anyone feeling a little alone today!

xoxo
Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com

Kirithinks said...

this is so perfectly written. your thoughts are my own, but i'm only at the beginning of my journey. It's worth it though. I can tell you that, just by reading this one post of yours. Keep going. Keep growing. Keep sharing. :) thank you.

Kiri - greentreesredroses.blogspot.com

Leyla Brooke said...

beautiful



following you from the blog hop

Thisdayilove

2justByou said...

Absolutely LOVE this post! Life is so busy for most of us that we forget to take a minute for ourselves. I'm pinning this.
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Renee said...

You always write such beautiful posts :) I'm so glad you're a Wellington blogger! x

Shannon said...

So beautiful!
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Natasha L'nei said...

if there was a like button, i'd be all over it! beautiful post.

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

How awesome! :-) I love this! :-) Found you via Casey!

phiphis blog said...

you are truly an inspiration, my friend.

much love from canada. xox

phiphi's blog

Heidi @ Antlers and Roses said...

WOW. I so needed to read this today! So on point and true. Literally have tears... I need to remind myself of this more.
Thank you!
Heidi
www.antlersandrosesblog.blogspot.com

Judy Haughton-James said...

Wow! This is so inspirational. Many of us can identify with this feeling but I like your approach. Wonderful post. I am a new Follower from the Friends To Followers Blog Hop. Have a great weekend.
Judy - Judy H-J's Thoughts

Natasha Sobhn said...

coming from Olive & Ivy

toi said...

i love this so much. this is the first time i am stopping here via Casey.

i love your letter to self, because it is how i feel sometimes. new follower