papa bear.






































Papa's don't get much to work with when it comes to fatherhood - they don't get to bear their wee child in their belly, they don't have to give birth, they don't have to spend countless hours nursing in the middle of the night.

But Papa's love finds other ways to grow.

Sometimes they go on adventures, Marley riding on his Daddy's shoulders holding Tav's hair like rein's on a horse.

They blow bubbles and laugh endlessly at each other being silly.

It melts my heart when Marley reaches up to touch his Papa's nose or to try and grab his lips, figuring out every feature of his Daddy's face.

I walked in to check on Marley last night, and found him and his Daddy looking out the window at the night sky, gently rocking the sounds of the wind blowing outside.

I realised in that moment, sometimes baby boy doesn't just need his Mama. He needs his Daddy too.

Papa bear and his little shadow.

12 comments:

Baylee said...

That completely melts me.

Emily said...

This is soooo incredibly sweet.

Beatriz López Lumbreras said...

so sweet,I dont have kids yet but sometimes i look at my bf and I imagine hime with our little "we" and the image melts me...

Bea =)
dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

ChatterBlossom said...

This photo is too sweet for words. ;-)
-Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

Chelsea Lennox said...

abso-friggen-lutely precious.

Raising Reagan said...

So precious! This is the greatest picture!

Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com

PS ~ If you lost a GFC follower today it was me. I am following you via Bloglovin now.
Here's why...
http://raising-reagan.com/2012/12/06/its-not-personal/

phiphis blog said...

just so precious - and priceless. i love this portrait. <3

Fabulous Petite said...

awesome pictures and priceless....

xo
Sam
http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

WhatJeanLikes said...

This is such a precious portrait!!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I'm your newest follower. Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you will!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

drinkcitra said...

Aw this is so sweet...

RACHEL TaoOfPoop said...

Beautiful, both the photo and the words to go along with it.

Agie said...

SUCH A NICE PIC! SO SWEET!
I followed your blog today... follow back?