GUEST POST: postcard coaster DIY.



Yesterday I spent my time clearing out my spare room (well overtime it has turned from the spare room into the room of junk/denial). I was delighted to find little tokens of nostalgia from my travels over the years, the only problem being I don't really know what to do with them all. Well thankfully, the lovely Elizabeth from Life of Lovely has got a cute project for us this weekend which might be the perfect solution...


Postcard Coaster Finished Text

Whenever I go on trips, I love bringing back postcards as souvenirs.  A great way to do something useful with these souvenirs is to make them into coasters that you can use and enjoy.

Postcard Coaster Supplies

For supplies you'll need: Modpodge, postcards, old coasters, a pencil, a paintbrush, scissors and a clear enamel spray (not pictured)


Postcard Coaster Trace

Step One: Trace the outline of your coasters on the front of the postcard.


Postcard Coaster Cut

Step Two: Cut the postcard along the lines you traced.


Postcard Coaster First Coat

Step Three: Apply a layer of modpodge directly on the coaster.  Then place the postcard cut-out over the coaster.


Postcard Coaster Second Coat

Step Four:  Apply a topcoat of modpodge over the coaster.  Don't worry, it will dry clear.


Postcard Coaster Dry

Step Five:  Allow the coasters to dry, and then, seal with a clear enamel topcoat.  Once dry, your coasters are ready to use.


8 comments:

Lanaya @ Raising Reagan said...

What a cool idea! I'll have to remember this one because I am horrible at figuring out what to do with things like this and they typically end up in the trash!


Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com

refine lubis said...

so pretty and so creative, i am your new follower from the bloghop by PonderWonders Mayra. I hope you would follow me back. thank you so much.

http://www.refinehere.com/

drinkcitra said...

Aw what an awesome idea! They look great!

craftyspices said...

wow, yes this is a great idea. Many years ago I had done something similar and had totally forgotten about it.
Thanks so much for this post.

Jay
www.craftyspices.com

Tami Marie said...

You come up with all of the coolest ideas. I love this. :)

Tami Marie said...

Actually it should say...Elizabeth has the coolest ideas :)

Lauren said...

New follower! Love your blog! :)

xo

Elizabeth M said...

Thanks to Sylvie for letting me share the DIY!