Oh my goodness. I tried this last night and I new immediately I had to share this with you. They are amazing melted goodness. And made with chickpeas??! Whaaaa????? They don't even taste like chick peas I swear! I have probably spent my whole life looking for something healthy-ish that involves chocolate. And this is it.
- 1 can of drained chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (80 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Combine all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor and process until very smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form into balls and place on baking paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls as they don't rise.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
It's important to use natural peanut butter (as in good old homemade peanut butter) otherwise it turns out too oily plus it's cheaper than store bought too. How to make homemade peanut butter? Just put a whole packet of peanuts into a food processor, turn it on, and 5 minutes later VOILA you'll have peanut butter.
Apparently these don't taste as good when they have cooled down, so I've pre-rolled my balls and frozen them so when I want one (or two, or three, or ten...) I just pop them in the oven. Simple!
Let me know if you try them! (And/or pin this for later!)
Original recipe found here!