peanut butter chocolate chip GF cookie dough balls.




Oh my goodness. I tried this last night and I new immediately I had to share this with you. They are amazing melted goodness. And made with chickpeas??! Whaaaa????? They don't even taste like chick peas I swear! I have probably spent my whole life looking for something healthy-ish that involves chocolate. And this is it.

Ingredients
  • 1 can of  drained chickpeas
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup (80 grams) honey
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
  • 1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips

Instructions
  • Preheat your oven to 180°C. Combine all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor and process until very smooth. 
  • Add in the chocolate chips and pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
  • With wet hands, form into balls and place on baking paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls as they don't rise.
  • Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.

Notes:

It's important to use natural peanut butter (as in good old homemade peanut butter) otherwise it turns out too oily plus it's cheaper than store bought too. How to make homemade peanut butter? Just put a whole packet of peanuts into a food processor, turn it on, and 5 minutes later VOILA you'll have peanut butter.

Apparently these don't taste as good when they have cooled down, so I've pre-rolled my balls and frozen them so when I want one (or two, or three, or ten...) I just pop them in the oven. Simple!
Let me know if you try them! (And/or pin this for later!)

Original recipe found here!

19 comments:

Andia Schehera said...

Oh man, heaven in my mouth! Thanks for sharing!

Andia Schehera said...

Heaven in my mouth!!! Thanks for sharing!
http://thetomgirl.blogspot.com

Rrecommends said...

OM NOM NOM :3 xxx

Ellie said...

Can't believe they're made of chick peas! I am going to have to give these a try!

drinkcitra said...

oh my...these look delish!

sweetpeasylvie said...

So so good! Just baked them again tonight hehe. Thanks for stopping by x

sweetpeasylvie said...

So crazy right! I just baked them again. Too good! Thanks for stopping by x

sweetpeasylvie said...

Thanks for stopping by, they are so YUM. I finished Memory Keepers Daughter the other day. It was great thanks for the recommendation x

Bea said...

I have to try it!
by the way, love the new design!

Rrecommends said...

Ah I'm so glad you liked it :) x

Jennifer@ForeverLovely said...

Hi new reader and follower from the gfc blog hop! These cookies look delicious thanks for the recipe!!


beforeverlovely.blogspot.com

Abby Drago said...

oh wow oh wow oh wow do those look amazing!

sherry williams said...

Where did I see a recipe like this... I think it was whole foods? Or something like that. It sounds so good though, I like chickpeas either way. i have some cookies that are GF and peanut butter that I am gonna post (scheduled) but they aren't as crazy as yours!

elise said...

new[est] follower. loving this post and loving your blog! can't wait to keep following along!

stop by sometime!

kalobandelise.blogspot.com

Lauren Slade said...

Hi Sylvia!


I discovered your blog through followers to friends blog party, such a great idea (and pretty button!) I'm now following on GFC and look forward to reading more of your blog :)


These peanut butter choc chip cookie dough balls look delicious!! I love sweet things and will be trying this recipe on the weekend!!


Lauren @ www.stylelixir.com

sweetpeasylvie said...

We don't have WholeFoods here but I hear they have some great stuff! I found this one floating around on Pinterest :) cool can't wait to see/try them!

sweetpeasylvie said...

Thanks Bea!

Karrlin Bain said...

WOW it did not take me long surfing your blog to find something TRULY AMAZING... I am so excited about these! Thanks for all the pointers too! I can't wait to make these with the fam!

Karrlin @ http://www.PoemifyMe.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.