Cookie Time giant chocolate chip cookie recipe!



Okay my beautiful New Zealand readers this one's for you! I've been trying not to do too many recipes until I get a DSLR, but this one I just had to share. After much internet trawling and some trial and error I think I have got the Cookie Time recipe down to an art. I SERIOUSLY considered keeping it secret because I've spent my whole life searching for my signature recipe which defines my baking identity. And this is it. But I'm the worst at keeping secrets so I'm going to share this amazing creation with you all. Promise me you will bake it with the utmost respect because Cookie Time biscuits taste like our childhood so it deserves nothing less than your full attention. If you have come here wanting something a bit healthier I suggest you try my Peanut Butter Choc Chip GF Cookie Dough Balls instead!

Ingredients

1 cup butter (I use unsalted)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups plain white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups broken up dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
Makes 10 cookies


Method

1. Have one oven shelve low down and one higher up. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cream the butter, white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. (I was light on butter so I added a wee bit of oil to compensate).
3. Add the eggs into the mix one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, then stir into creamed mixture.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and taste test.
6. For these to be legit Cookie Time biscuits you'll need to roll a full handful of mixture into a ball. Pop it on a lined oven tray and gently flatten with your hand (these are too big for a fork). It should be approx 1-1.5cm thick and 5cm diameter. I usually only bake 4 on a tray because they spread very far so leave plenty of space between your cookies.
4. Bake for 12 mins on the bottom shelf and 12 mins on the top shelf until lightly browned. Allow them to cool so they can harden (that's if you can restrain yourself).


6 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum. I love trying new cookie recipes....they are my favorite. I'm not from New Zealand but these sod delicious anyway.

Ellie said...

Yum, this looks amazing! I am always looking for new chocolate chip cookie recipes and now I really want to try this one!

Dreaming. Wishing. Doing. said...

Totally will have to try this!! Thanks for sharing xo

thecottagediaries said...

You think you have the Cookie Time recipe??? This I have to try! Thank you so much for sharing :)

X
Molly
thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

Lydia said...

These cookies look so delicious!


http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

Sophelia Hook said...

I can't believe that you found it!!! I've been looking my self and trying what people thought was the original(they weren't anything like them!) so thank you so freaking much! Cookie Time and Cookie Muncher(wtf I used to have a crush on him!)is pretty much my childhood too and what would NZ be without these damn good cookies??! I just can't understand how Michael Mayell even made up this recipe, I mean, like, who knew that a cookie so good could even exist on earth? right?
Just finding this recipe has just made my shit day a bit better, and thats amazing. Maybe it doesn't taste exactly like Cookie Time, but its so close that it brings back memories of my first Cookie Time cookie and the fact that now i can bake them anytime i want, just awesome. (: thank you so much!! lol that was a long comment sorry if you read through the whole thing :P