show and tell : the 'if' game




Third time linking up for this, it's so much fun!



1. If you could relive any memory in your life, tell us what it would be, and what/if anything you would change about it? 

A big part of my heart wants to relive when I gave birth to my son. At the time it didn't feel real, almost like I wasn't there to experience it, and once in transition I let the pain overtake me and I completely lost my focus.
Now that I have the confidence in myself having done it, I would be more assertive about my feelings on certain decisions that were pressured upon me.
The main thing I would change though would be that he was healthy when he was delivered and we could have bonded straight away, rather than him going into intensive care. It is still a happy memory for me, and so incredibly liberating as a woman to bring a human being into this world. I suppose it's just in any mothers nature to want a smooth, carefree and beautiful birth.

 

2. If you could be any celebrity or well-known person, show us who you would be.

A professional ballerina like Gillian Murphy! I've seen her in real life, she is so beautiful. That, or a doctor on Grey's Anatomy.




3. If you won the lottery, tell us would take the lump sum or take the money overtime, would you continue working or quit right away, would you reveal who you are, and what are some of the first things you would spend with your money? 

I remember doing a Lotto course when I worked in retail and they recommend that you quietly escape to Fiji or somewhere tropical for a few weeks to let the reality of the situation sink in before you make any bad decisions. Sounds like a good idea to me!
We would definitely invest it so we could live off the interest and I would certainly donate a portion to charity also. I'd probably go around buying heaps of NZ art just for fun.


4. If you could live anywhere, show us where it would be and tell us why. 

Tav and I are hoping to move to Japan in the future. We have always loved Asian culture, especially it's food, and I think it would be a dynamic environment to experience. (However, I do believe I already live in paradise in NZ.)



5. If you could have one magic power, what would be and what would you do with it?

It would be cool to be able to enlighten people's mind at my own discretion. Things would change around here pretty quickly if we were all a bit more enlightened.

6 comments:

Cody said...

I love what you wrote. I would live in Japan too. Although I am not sure how the religion over there works but I know I would love it. I also love what you said for superpowers. That is a great one.



Thanks for sharing,
Cody
solemnsound.blogspot.com

Renee said...

Japan is absolutely incredible, I love it so much. The only problem is space, living in a shoebox apartment would be so difficult after living in NZ!

drinkcitra said...

Awesome post! Aww I hope to visit Japan some day...I would love to visit NZ too! You always have beautiful scenic pictures!

Catriona said...

Escaping to an island to let the reality sink in is a good idea, never thought of it that way. I really enjoy your writing. You always express yourself so eloquently. Well done!


Take care
- Catriona @ Precious Impressions

sweetpeasylvie said...

That's such a lovely compliment. Thank you I appreciate it x

sherry williams said...

Last year I planned on saving to go to New Zealand. It's still a dream of mine. I told my boyfriend that he was going with me. Actually going everywhere is a dream of mine ha! This is a must do post, I read the ones before and thought it was so cool but I think i was late on the day it was suppose to be posted on.

Your blog is growing so much! Yay congrats! (: