GUEST POST style icon series : Anna Karina

Hola darlings! My name is Lau, I have a little blog called n o i r e d a m e and I was invited by Sylvie to be a guest writer here. First and foremost I'd like to thank her for allowing me to participate into the 'Style Icon' series because my passion for makeup goes above and beyond and I adore playing around and creating inspired looks. I truly hope you all like my take on a rather-not-so-famous style icon of the 1960's, Anna Karina.


I'd like to point out that I'm not a makeup artist, nor I want to become one, I'm just a girl with an immense love for beauty and makeup that traded her crayons and pencils for eyeshadows and brushes and loves playing around and creating looks just for fun. Why did I choose Anna Karina to create my inspired look? Well, for starters she's a brunette and during the 60's se had bangs, which I'm currently rocking : ) but the main reason, the thing that caught my attention was her signature makeup during those years: bold, winged black eyeliner and nude lips. Her hair and makeup styles, judging by the photographs I was able to come across, changed quite a lot over the years, especially when she was young, but the one look that stood out the most to me and the one I was able to relate to was this one, her 1960's look.


Now let's talk a little bit about her. Anna Karina, born Hanne Karin Blarke Bayer on September 22nd 1940, is a Danish, now French citizen, film actress, director, and screenwriter who has spent most of her working life in France. Karina is known as a muse of the director, Jean-Luc Godard, one of the pioneers of the French New Wave. Her notable collaborations with Godard include The Little Soldier (1960), A Woman Is a Woman (1961), Vivre sa vie (1962), and Alphaville (1965). With A Woman Is a Woman, Karina won the Best Actress award at the Berlin Film Festival.


I couldn't find that many colour photographs that showed what eyeshadow she used to wear so this is basically my guess on what a 60's style icon would have worn back then. I don't see any shimmer on her face therefore I'm quite sure most of her looks were done with matte products.
I had so much fun doing this! Again, thank you su much Sylvie for the invite, I hope I didn't disappoint you ^^
Thanks for reading.
xx
Lau

Products used:
Face
*Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 100 Ivory
*Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent
*NYX Blush in Mocca
Lips
*NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose (sheered out with the foundation)
Eyes
*NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
*Coastal Scents Hot Pots in Bombay and M21
*Baoloshi Liquid Liner in Black
*Clinique High Lengths Mascara in Black
*NYX False Eyelashes 131 Capture (cut in halves)

7 comments:

Anja said...

I've never heard of Anna Karina! But I love bangs - too bad I can't wear them with my curly hair!

Anja @ cocalores.blogspot.com

drinkcitra said...

Ooh what a beautiful look, Lau! :D

x_noire_x said...

Aw Thanks! ^^

x_noire_x said...

I have wavy/curly hair too but I flat iron it... everyday! ^^

Jordan Sky said...

I love your winged eyes I've always wanted to get mine like that.

x_noire_x said...

Thanks! I does take a bit of practise to get both eyes similar but it's not that difficult : )

x_noire_x said...

Thanks for featuring me Sylvie! This was a lot of fun to do ^^ Hope your readers like it. Have a great day love xx