a little bit clucky.



I started noticing that my hair has been falling out and my nails are breaking. I believe this means that the pregnancy hormones have officially departed. While I was pregnant I thought this day couldn't come fast enough, but as time goes on I look back on being pregnant more fondly.

The intensity of giving birth and having a newborn makes you forget quite quickly about being pregnant. However seeing these pictures I took of myself, I am very nostalgic if that special time in my life.

I was realistic from the get-go about how hard it would be with a newborn so that part didn't surprise me. However, what caught me off guard was how much I was going to fall in love with my baby. I think I spent most of my pregnancy not worried about giving birth or financial stress, but rather if I was going to enjoy being a mum or if I would be a good mum. I wasn't the most maternal of people.

That's a weird thing to look back on now because I the answer is so obvious now, but it was something I wouldn't understand until I had him in my arms.

It's crazy to think this time a year ago Marley was just a bunch of cells in my tummy, and the course of my life was yet to change forever. Becoming a parent really does turn your perspective on life upside down. It fills your future with purpose and direction, and the love in your heart grows bigger than life itself.

I shared these pictures on my second ever post on this blog, but most of you probably haven't seen them so I'm sharing them again.  I like the vulnerability and intimacy of them - in retrospect it was the perfect reflection on that moment in my life.







I can't wait for round two! :)

7 comments:

drinkcitra said...

Aw these are beautiful pictures :)

Lydia said...

Awww, so sweet!

http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Beautiful photos! I miss being pregnant so much, sometimes! Really nothing compares to how beautiful you feel with that belly! I can't wait for my next as well. But I think a few more months are needed lol

Rrecommends said...

Such a lovely post :) makes me broody!


http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk/


xx

sweetpeasylvie said...

Thanks Lydia!! :)

sweetpeasylvie said...

Hehe same here!! Need to enjoy a few more wines and full nights of sleep before I dive back in again lol x

Rrecommends said...

Such a lovely post :) makes me broody!


http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk/


xx