show and tell : baby talk

1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)

Well I love old names. I think this is something that was influenced by my mum, as she called us three kids Sylvia, Charles and Beatrice. Some of the boys names that I like are Henry, George, Fred, Edward. For girls, it's a little different, like Penelope and Elle.


2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}

                                                                              Source: laybabylay.com via Sylvia on Pinterest
                                                                             Source: laybabylay.com via Sylvia on Pinterest




3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart? 

This is funny because I think about how I would love another baby, but then I remember how hard it is and I get a bit freaked out. I don't think I would have more than 3, and would love to keep them in similar ages so they can be buddies.

 
4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
I think going with your gut and doing what works for you is so important. Following a book or doing something just because somebody said so is the wrong way to go about it, it adds unnecessary pressure to an already difficult job. Babies have survived for thousands of years before we had books or internet to guide us, and I think that says a lot.

I personally choose to take a relaxed approach because I feel babies can sense when the mother is stressed. People have been commenting on how well behaved/chilled out Marley is, and I think that's because we are relaxed and work well as a unit. In saying this, being relaxed doesn't keep the house clean or get the washing done everyday, but I think chores are secondary to the importance of the well being of my child ;)


5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}

I really love this series of Marley and I which Tav captured. My favourite pictures are our family portraits by an amazing newborn photographer which I LOVE but I can't share them just yet as they are going to be Christmas presents for family. Sorry!


6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
This is probably the only topic I have strong feelings about when it comes to parenting.
I promise to never let Marley drink juice. Ever. Period. 
My mum is a dental therapist and the damage juice causes to children's teeth is disgusting. Mothers put it in their children's sippy cups which allows the sugar content to sit on their teeth all day to rot their teeth away. My mum is constantly having to refer children as young as 4 for general anesthetics to remove all of their teeth. Isn't that awful?? :(


 Today I'm linking up for show and tell with from Mrs to Mamma. Thanks for hosting this, I enjoyed it!



5 comments:

drinkcitra said...

Aw I loved reading this! I will definitely keep this in mind when I have kids...
I totally know what you mean about so much decay at such young ages! I work at a pediatric dental office and it's so crazy and sad to see kids, especially really young ones, with so much decay! :(

Anni said...

Hey there!

Stopping by from the GFC blog hop today :)

I´m a new follower!

Smooches from Germany and have a nice day!
Anni // Grapefruitprincess ReLoaded

Emma McCartney said...

Lovely blog! Found you via the blog hoppy! Am now a loyal follower! xx

myprettymummy.com

menopausal mama said...

My grandchild is named Isabella but I call her Izzy for short. The name comes from my favorite character that used to be on Grey's Anatomy. My daughter looks just like Kathryn Heigel, so it makes sense!! Newest follower from the GFC blog hop. Would love it if you could visit my humorous blog site and follow back. Thanks for sharing!

Roshni AaMom said...

That is a beautiful photo!! We also like following a relaxed parenting style!