homemade muesli bars.








I'm one of those people who loves chunky, oaty, yummy, muesli bars - the downside of this is they are always so expensive at the supermarket. I decided to try make my own, and I am so excited to say:


"Goodbye expensive supermarket muesli bars, hello my scrumptious super easy homemade version!"

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 100g butter
  • 1/2 cup of apricot jam
  • 1/4 cup golden syrup
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1 teaspoon mixed spice
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1 cup of dried fruit (I used dates, but apricots or sultanas would be perfect also)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

In a saucepan, melt together the sugar, butter, jam and golden syrup.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Pour in melted mixture and mix together.
Press mixture firmly into a greased 20cm x 30cm tin.
Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or until golden.
Allow to cool and cut into bars.






11 comments:

Kizzy said...

Wow these loke yummy and really easy to make, will have to have a go!

Ellie said...

This looks so delicious, I'm going to give them a try! Found your blog through the Monday Blues blog hop and it's great, I'm following now!

x Ellie
http://ellalogy.blogspot.com

SimplyHeather said...

Hi from the blog hop (:

wow, this looks really good and probably something I would be able to make without messing it up, hehe!

Have a happy Tuesday!

xoxo Heather

http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

drinkcitra said...

This looks so good! I'm going to have to try this out :)

Lydia said...

Those look so yummy!

http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

sweetpeasylvie said...

Let me know how you go! x

sweetpeasylvie said...

Thanks Sarah!

sweetpeasylvie said...

Sure thing Tai :)

Tai said...

Hi there! I'm a new follower from the blog hop and would love a follow
back at www.sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com Don't forget to follow
me on twitter & Pinterest. I follow back all of my twitter &
Pinterest followers :)

SarahJane Miller said...

These look amazing!! Just found you through the blog hop! Love your cute blog! I am a new follower. Would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)


sjdmiller.blogspot.com

kate said...

That looks so good! I'm going to try this recipe :)




I"m your newest follower from the GFC blog hop
followme@ www.studentswife.com