colour bug love.

                                                                   Source: vogue.com.au via Hair on Pinterest



Lately I've been obsessed with pastel coloured hair, but being a brunette, achieving that kind of colour would involve probably ruining my hair in the process. Luckily, beauty brands are starting to release hair chalk which gives you all the colour without the commitment. You simply rub it in to you hair, spray in some hair spray to hold, then flaunt it. When your done, just wash it out. So easy!





I recently bought Kevin Murphy's Colour Bug and had a play around with it on my sister's hair (she blogs over at Do You Lilac Me?, go check her out!). The colour popped really well on her blonde highlights as you can see below.




On my hair the colour was a bit lighter and didn't stay in as long. However, I loved how cool my fishtail braid looked with the pink threaded through. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos but I'll be sure to take some selfies next time I try it! To compensate, here's some hair chalk inspiration courtesy of Pinterest.


                           Source: thebeautydepartment.com via Sylvia on Pinterest

                              Source: s-e-e-n.tumblr.com via Sylvia on Pinterest

                    Source: glamour.com via Sylvia on Pinterest


Cool huh! I think it's such a fun look, and even just a teeny bit of colour can make a simple bun look so fun (gee that rhymes). Remember you can follow me on Pinterest here.

Happy Monday everyone! (And also happy NZ/AUS Father's Day for all the daddies out there including my Pa and Tav too! You guys are the best! x)


7 comments:

drinkcitra said...

Colored hair looks so fun!!

Bonnie said...

I love the hair! If my job would let me get away with this, I would do it in a heartbeat.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

The Dumpy Duchess said...

I so wanna try hair chalking. I saw an awesome picture of Teyana Taylor chalk her natural hair this cool aqua color and I knew I wanted to try it! Great post! By the way, i'm following you now courtesy of the bloghop! Great blog! I hope you'll visit my blog and follow me too!

http://www.thedumpyduchess.com

Sylvia Holman said...

Aw I suppose you could do it on the weekends though right! :)

Sylvia Holman said...

Oh I just checked that out, her hair is awesome! Thanks I'll pop over x

Oanh Le said...

I'm seeing this look everywhere!! Check out britkneegirl1 on YouTube...she has awesome purple and teal hair tutorials
Fun to look at, but I definitely can't pull this off lol

<3 <3
Http://indefinitestyle.blogspot.com/

Sylvia Holman said...

Ooh! Thanks for sharing that link I love it!