sweetpea love story.




I always talk about my little man Marley on here, but hardly mention my main man Tav. What's up with that? Sometimes I feel weird about over-sharing on here but I figured that it's probably time I shared a little about how our family came to be.

It was my last semester of my degree, and I had taken a drama paper as a free choice to make up my points to graduate.

Each class we would do skits and impromptu acting, and this handsome guy in my class was really, really funny. If you know me, you know I have a seriously loud laugh. Well there goes me not being obvious.

I was walking home one day from drama. I was standing at the lights when I looked up and realised he was waiting to cross the road too! I blurted out some question about the poems we had to recite for an assessment. We continued our small talk, and found ourselves walking home together, having a conversation about poems.

The following assessment required us to attend live performances and analyse them. There was a play of the British comedy sitcom 'Ello 'Ello on at a local theater which I wanted to attend. I asked that guy if he was going, and said he would organise us tickets. I offered to pay him back for my ticket but he suggested I could organise the next performance for us to attend instead. I chose Joseph and The Technicolour Dreamcoat.




We ended up attending way more theater than was required for the assessment, just so we had an excuse to see each other. It was quite funny because it was like dating without actually dating, plus it was such an unconventional way to get to know each other, which probably made me like him more.

I even dragged him along to contemporary interactive silent dance performances, and we would politely discuss the artistic merits of it, even though in retrospect he probably found the whole thing weird and hilarious.

Eventually he plucked up the courage to invite me to dinner, and as they say, the rest was history.

We still attend theater together, mostly the Royal New Zealand Ballet performances. I think we've seen every season they've had in the last two years. It's our 'thing'. 

It's nice to look back to the beginning. Initial excitement and love brings a refreshing reminder to any long term relationship. Now with Marley, our love has increased in size and depth beyond anything I could have imagined. Tav has been my rock through the whole experience, and there's no way I could have done this without him.





I found this photo the other day. Tav must have taken it while I was in labour - I am mid-contraction and TOTALLY oblivious. I think that's the epitome of our relationship, we are always having fun, no matter what.

I love you Tav!

9 comments:

Elizabeth Martinez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roothless.xo said...

Uhm, I truly love your love story. I love theater!
super cute!

pay me a visit @ www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

Sylvia Holman said...

Thanks guys!

Daisy said...

this is so adorable. :)

drinkcitra said...

Aw what a great post! You guys looks so cute together! <3

Sherry Williams said...

How the heck did I miss this post!

I remember you saying something like bloggers like to talk about there love life till the cows moo or something like that, it's a vague memory that still makes me laugh, almost as much as that last photo makes me laugh!


In the first photo you guys remind me of Tom and Summer, haha hopefully you don't take that in a bad way.

Cute love story ;) I like the unconventional way of you all making excuses to see each other!

Sylvia Holman said...

Best comment ever Sherry!

Sylvia Holman said...

Thanks, it was so hard to find any photos of us where we weren't being silly!! I think the top one was from graduation which would explain the formal looking pose lol

Sylvia Holman said...

Thanks Daisy :)