eye in the sky.



Here are some pictures of Marley's first adventure on an airplane. I was quite nervous about traveling without Tav incase Marley spat the dummy. However, I'm pleased to report he quite happily slept through the majority of the flight. He woke just before descending, so I fed him and he was quite happy.

I'm also really proud of myself for my first time breast feeding in public. Luckily we had a window seat so I could be discreet despite being in such close proximity to the other passengers.

My biggest thank you would be for the Air New Zealand staff who were so helpful and patient , and made me feel so much more relaxed.

My best tip for traveling with babies was wearing him in the front pack so I had my hands free for carrying bags. It made the whole process so much easier!! Also, the kindness of strangers is invaluable.

Now we just have to survive our returning flight in a few days time. Cross your fingers for me!



9 comments:

Sherry Williams said...

Gorgeous! I wish it looked like that anywhere here in the U.S! Well I guess it might, but I love photos from airplanes! Cute sweater on Marley!

drinkcitra said...

Aw how fun! Yay for adventures! :D

Sylvia Holman said...

I was just lucky it was perfect weather and there are the snow capped mountains through the clouds. You do not want to see Wellington on a bad day lol...

Sylvia Holman said...

Yay!

Jelli said...

He looks so cute against your tummy! I highly agree that baby carriers are a MUST for air travel with infants. I don't know what I'd have done without mine. You just reminded me that I have a load of pics scattered over my desktop waiting to be placed into an air travel with babies post. Take care and thanks for linking up with {Monday Mom Musings!}

Brenna Boyd said...

My son will be experiencing his first plane right this Thursday! I hope it goes well. I also saw your post on your son's birth. My son also didn't breath right away either. Took him 4 minutes. I am glad both our boys are healthy! Check out my blog if you'd like.
http://www.perfectlyimperfectmom.com

Sylvia Holman said...

No prob Jelli! Thanks for hosting, you'll see me back next week no doubt!

Sylvia Holman said...

Thanks Brenna and good luck!

Roshni AaMom said...

looks so cute and peaceful! Baby carriers are truly heaven sent!