things I'm learning about motherhood.


  • It's hard work. Much harder than I ever could have imagined.
  • I'm already sad that he will never be this little again.
  • But simultaneously proud of how well he is growing.
  • Holding on to all the special moments keeps me sane when things are tough in the middle of the night.
  • I've never appreciated 2 consecutive hours of sleep as much as I do now.
  • Always keep water and snacks by my bedside.
  • Learning to be content with the house being a little messy.
  • Do a load washing everyday or it gets out of control.
  • Sleep when baby sleeps.
  • Staying in your pajamas all day is lots of fun.
  • Daddies help keep mummies sane (I would be lost without Tav!).
  • Health is so important, and eating a nourishing and balanced diet gives me the energy when I need it.
  • It's okay to have a little cry.
  • Basically everything can be done one-handed.
  • Make the most of this nesting period.
  • Stop googling; trust my instincts instead.
  • Family cuddles are more important than the dishes.
  • Forget all the advice and just have fun.
  • I never knew I could love something this much. 

Happy Monday!
Sylvie xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just commented on another one of your posts, and then found this one, and I have to say that as a new first time mom myself, every single thing you have on that list rings true to me as well :) and that picture is adorable, too.