However, saying goodbye today sucked. And now being home alone with Marley for the first time, everything is starting to settle down and finally feel real.
And honestly, it is as exhausting as it is exhilarating.
So I'm going to make a brief but effective cheer up list, all of which can be done while breastfeeding. I highly recommend the movies are watched with a cup of tea and a packet of chocolate biscuits.
- I'll watch anything with Ryan Gosling in it. Blue Valentine is a personal fav - its got romance, drama and Michelle Williams:
- Listen to this Florence and the Machine cover of Take Care a million times.
- Watch all of Girls Season 1. This is on Soho Channel in NZ, and is totally worth the extra sky subscription. If you don't know what I'm talking about, its somewhere between the hipster version of Sex and the City and a TV series about your life.
- Go on Pinterest and read boards of quotes. I like this board.
- Another indie romance/drama called Like Crazy. Don't be fooled, Jenifer Lawrence is only in it for 5 minutes, but is still worth watching if you're in the mood for sappy indie love.
- And finally, have lots of these kinds of moments, because they won't last forever: